Friday, May 18

Righto

So today started off with a pain really. Much of the same on this blog really. 2 women walked past on the platform wearing Caroline's scent.

Literally sent shivers down my spine.

Not one girl, but two. I mean FFS.

Right. Enough of that. You lot might be interested in other 'happenings' so here goes. Think its about time I cut my hair. My personation of Cousin It is no longer effective (I'm reliably told it never was) so I think it needs to go.

The housing side of things are hotting up, I need to get myself on the ladder somehow - looks like it'll have to be through the FTBI. So, there's a block of appartments going up in central Watford that is really quite perfect. But it is dear. £288k for a two bed, two bathroom flat. Ouch.

Anyway, seems like with my current financial situation I'm borderline. Still, the people there seem very helpful, and are giving me hnts left right and centre. You know, "does this nudge nudge, wink wink". I don't wanna put myself financially in the shit by doing it, but I am kinda assuming the second job remains a very long-term thing. It'll need to be to ensure I can afford all this shit.

I would accept leaving the place empty. If I can get one of my friends / colleagues to move in a pay me £500/month then I'd be sorted. Then I'd try and look at buy-to-let mortgages, and buy the remaining 50%. As soon as I do that, I would fully own the property and can do what the fuck I want with it. When the Government still own a %, my balls are in their hands.

I'm trying so hard to do the right thing for the future. I'm sending all the right signals (if you'd pardon the pun) at various groups within TfL. Assuming I get £30k when I fall off the grad scheme, i'll be ok. The second role will puch me into the higher tax bracket. :)

I don't see my career at TfL sky-rocketing, but I don't mind - as long as my pension is in place, and that second home is already in place before I move out/get married.

Thats the big plan. Is it all going to fit nicely? Will there be a housing market crash? Should I remain saving while the interest rates continue to climb? Well - these are questions I need to figure out. In the meantime, I'm doing this on my own. I can just about do it. Any donations to the 'Let Firas buy a flat' will be accepted by PayPal ;D

Mucho Love,

F

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home